Monday, 15 February 2016

The new look of the blog

Hello and welcome to the updated Emerald Flame Crafts blog! It took a little longer than I expected, but finally, I'm happy with the result.


So what's new:
  • Emerald Flame Crafts now has a new design. Laconic and modern at the same time, a more structured, identical with Emerald Flame Glass, a "double" of this blog in Ukrainian for the connoisseurs of my arts and crafts from my native country. If you speak Ukrainian, welcome)
  • All posts in this blog were rearranged, and since March all publications here and in the Ukrainian version will appear simultaneously.
  • There is a new "About" page, where you can learn about the author and this blog.
  • A "Get Styled!" section was founded, and soon you'll see the first post in it, but let it be a pleasant surprise ;)
  • You'll see more publications about me, workflow, works and artists that inspire me, and so on here. So far, in the "My friends" block  on the right side of this blog you can find links to several Ukrainian craftsmen, whose work I really enjoy.
Regarding sections, hopefully, everything is clear here:

  • "Home", "About" and "Shop" are the redirections to the general timeline, page with information about the author and this blog, as well as future shop respectively;
  • "Lampwork glass" - all posts relating lampwork;
  • "Jewelry" includes publications that mention jewelry pieces (you can look for certain types of jewelry using tags displayed on the right part of the blog)
  • "Other crafts" - everything relating copper, wood and other materials and techniques than glass;
  • "Guides" - all posts about lampwork as a technique, materials, equipment, teaching posts, tutorials, etc .;
  • "DIY" - "do it yourself" projects;
  • "Get Styled!" - a project that will start soon ;)

In any case, you can use tags for orientation in posts.

As for the plans for future, I want to organize an independent online store. The first steps in this direction have already been made, however, do not expect results soon. In any case, I'm always happy to see you in my Etsy shop.

That's all so far. Thank you for coming, stay tuned and have a nice day! :)