Saturday, 11 March 2017

Two summer mini-collections

My story of tribal jewelry started in almost three years ago when I've made first multi-strand bracelets. Since then I made some more jewelry pieces in this style, however, life circumstances moved me off the lampworking for some time, and last autumn I finally got back to it. And the very first thing I planned to do is to accompany two of the bracelets I had that moment with gorgeous necklaces and earrings to create finished mini-collections - about two different summers.


First was a story about the sea. The idea of this mini-collection came to me during my honeymoon in Greece with its bright and vivid colors and wonderful sea. So this multi-strand necklace includes tones you can call up when thinking about Greece: bright turquoise, coral, ivory, and terracotta. It includes glass, ceramics, textile, wood, freshwater pearls and natural stones. There are 77 (!) artisan lampwork glass beads in total in this gorgeous necklace.


To make a good match with the necklace I created these lovely earrings in the same Mediterranian colors. Sea inspired, they remind about bright summer day on a hidden shore.


The last one piece of this collection - but the very first that was made - is a multi-strand bracelet. All the pieces together can become extraordinary, generous gift - or incredible jewelry set for the Mediterranian sea themed wedding outfit!


My second mini-collection tells about the vacation in the Carpathians. Instead of the traditional journey to the sea, my husband and I  sometimes choose the beauty of green forests, high mountains, and bright berries. This is what I decided to reflect in this multi-strand necklace. In includes own artisan lampwork beads (50 beads in total!), ceramics, textile, natural red coral, jade, agate, carnelian, quartz, crystal rock, coconut, glass, wood, and nuts.


To match the necklace, these earrings were made. They remind me how we gathered wild berries in the mountain forest one early summer morning.


And again, the last one piece of this collection that was made very first is the multi-strand bracelet that together with two other pieces of this mini-collection tells a story of summer forest and creates the incredible jewelry set for the woodland themed wedding outfit.

You can find this jewelry and other boho pieces in the proper section of my Etsy shop. Enjoy! :)

P.S. Ukrainian version of this post is here.